May 19, 2010

Warrior Dash...or as I like to call it, Dash for the Last 100 Yards

In three short days, my husband, a few close friends, and I will be competing (debatable how much competition I'll be) in the Warrior Dash Southeast in Mountain City, GA.  It's a 3.2-mile run with various muddy obstacles spread throughout.  After a round of P90X and a few weeks of jogging, you'd think I'd be ready.  Eh, not so much.  Today, I finally ran the 3.2-mile distance outside (as in, not on a treadmill) without stopping to walk.  Was I slow as Christmas?  Yes.  Could a 70-year old man run faster than me?  Yes.  (That actually happened at the last 5K I ran. I literally spent the entire 34 minutes trying to pass grandpa and he smoked me all the way to the end.  I wanted to tackle him, but that would just be wrong.)  The important thing is that today I didn't quit, and I ran the full distance (at least that's what I'm telling myself).  Thank you, Sugar Free Red Bull.  I'm really hoping to enjoy the race, although I'm pretty sure I'll pant my way through like Fatty McGee just like I did today.  At least afterwards I'll have a few beers, the company of good friends, and some muddy pictures to share.

1 comment:

  1. Um, I can barely go a mile without stopping, so you're in WAY better shape than me! I don't think we'll have to run continuously, though, since there will be 500+ people in our wave! (At least that's what I'm hoping!!)

    ReplyDelete